Permission to use Mod content

General Modding Chat Here

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Permission to use Mod content

Postby tedsmelly » 11-30-2011 06:58 PM

Hello to all, my name is Ted and I am part of TIO Co-Op gaming for Black Hawk Down.

Over a year ago I started to put a Mod together for our Co-Op Community. Most Mods made for BHD couldn't be used for Co-Op gaming and the Co-Op Community missed out on all the great items made by these very talented people.
I am not a Model maker nor Programmer and don't have all the skills to do everything needed to complete a Mod.

So I have used items from past BHD Mods to fill that void. I have permission for a lot of the content but much of it is used without the express permission of the owners. BHD is getting to be a old game and people have moved on to bigger

and better things. This has made it hard to track people down to obtain their permission.

I did ask around the BHD Community and people who still matter to me and the general Consensus was, if you can't find the owners, use the items but give full credit to them for their hard work. This is what I have done and the TIObeta

has been up and running for a year and no one has complained about anything. (A very big thankyou for that).

I used those items with the thought that owners would be happy to see their hard work still being used and appreciated. Plus the fact that full credit is still with them. In the credits I named the Mod Teams and credited individuals. I

didn't know all who was involved with these Mods and that is why I credited Mod Teams.

I want to make a final version for our TIO Mod and would like to incorporate the Basic Drivable Vehicles from the Drivable Vehicle Mod. I have no idea how to get in contact with the people who made the Mod and this is the main reason for

this post.

The following are the Mods and individuals I have credited so far for the use of their Models and other Mod content.

Mods - NSO Mod, Terranova Mod, Deep Jungle Mod, Black Operations Mod, EE Workshop and MMA Production House.

Individuals - Devilsclaw, A Bullet, LoA, Vlad, Eagle Eye, Dzine, Luke Nadewalker, Shadowz, Ted Smelly, Whisper -M- and Ratatat.

In finishing, I am asking for permission to use the Drivable Vehicles and if anyone has any objections to what I have done already.
tedsmelly

Postby loa » 12-01-2011 04:41 PM

i do not think you have to worry about objections. i think i can speak for these guys Devilsclaw, A Bullet, LoA, Vlad, Eagle Eye, Dzine and crack if you dont mind adding him. that none of us mind
terranova members all of which these guys are all ways shared content and info with the community. its a privilege for use that people still enjoy our old content so by all means use what you want to use.
loa
Administrator

Postby tedsmelly » 12-01-2011 05:49 PM

Thankyou Loa for the positive response, i will add Crack to the list.

If you or anyone reading this post can think of anyone else that should be on the credits, post the names here and i will be more then happy to add them to the list.
tedsmelly

Postby loa » 12-02-2011 10:25 AM

its hard to say with out seeing what you added, oh yeah DV should get credit for the drivable vehicle mod im pretty sure that was his.
loa
Administrator

Postby tedsmelly » 12-02-2011 04:26 PM

Yes Loa it is hard to know who to credit without knowing the content of the Mod. I thought I would leave an option for anyone reading this post and who may have played our TIObeta.

You are correct about DV making the Drivable Vehicle Mod and his name will be added now that I feel good about using their stuff.

Dv credited - Twist of Fate for Terrains, A Bullet for models, HunteR for maps and give thanks to Major Headacre and the Terranova-EXP Crew.
tedsmelly

Return to General Mod Chat Here