ripping sounds from other games and putting them into BHD

discuss sound tools for nova games

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

ripping sounds from other games and putting them into BHD

Postby TFDLeader » 07-14-2009 05:27 PM

i want to use some CS sounds or other sounds from someother FPS, and i wanna know how i can load them up into BHD for my mod.
TFDLeader

Postby ShadowZ » 07-15-2009 09:51 PM

BHD and later DF games play .wav's as their standard sound.

For sounds, you need the .wav, and the .lwf in order for them to work.

If you want to make an environmental sound marker, you will have to make an entry in the items.def to make the marker (used by the map editors).

.lwf stands for Loose Wave Files... (doesnt really have any meaning to it).

the Lwf defines handles or call-names to each individual waves, allows them to be put into a sequence, and then allows them to be added together.

I might've already uploaded my LWFHelp.txt to one of the forums around here, but if you can't find it let me know and I'll give it to you.

One Very Important Note! All of the wav's MUST be Mono-channel sounds! any Stereo-channel sounds in your .wav will seriously F up your .pff down the road!
ShadowZ

Postby TFDLeader » 08-03-2009 02:48 PM

thanks for all your help.

unfortunately i have to restart in a few months(around november/december) i'm getting a new computer and i don't have time before school starts. a few of us got together and started our own squad. so all of my game time has been poured into getting it off the ground before school starts.
TFDLeader

Postby ShadowZ » 08-04-2009 12:00 AM

Look into acquiring an online storage drive that you can upload your stuff and be able to access it anywhere that has an internet connection.

Also known as an FTP, most server hosts will not let you get one for free.

However, MSN has a new thing called a SkyDrive that will allow you to upload any file up to 50MB each, and up to like 200GB total.

The skydrive will not allow you to upload your .pff if it get's over 50MB, but you can upload the individual sub-files (like your .tga's, .dds's, .wav's, etc) as a backup.

There is probably a couple other free storage sites out there, but you'll have to look for them.
ShadowZ

Postby TFDLeader » 08-05-2009 01:46 PM

dang, i already deleted it all :\

oh well, i had to redo most of it anyway
TFDLeader

Return to Sound Toolz