Any VB programmers in the house?

talk and review codes here

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Any VB programmers in the house?

Postby SkinnerBegginer » 08-02-2006 03:39 PM

Anyone here recommend visual basic for delta force programming? I hear from Doc that Delphi is used a lot so im just pondering what i should start learning although i know some basic VB.
SkinnerBegginer

Postby Gen.Crusher » 08-02-2006 06:28 PM

What is it you want to do?
Gen.Crusher

Postby SkinnerBegginer » 08-03-2006 12:16 AM

Good question lol, just wanting to get into some basic programming, a hobby programmer really. Just wondering what you would suggest
SkinnerBegginer

Postby Black Ice » 08-03-2006 09:51 PM

VB is useful for maps (if...then events), but in all honesty I took a VB class and didn't find it helped me with events any more because of the way they're done.

in a real VB script you can type it all your self. in the MED you have little boxes that practically do it all for you.. I taught myself how to do that without taking any classes, came back after the class and didn't seem any more familiar with it.

but doc works totally different stuff than me. If you are doing it for a hobby... there's tons of stuff for making a mod and a lot of times no one person does all of it. that's why there's mod teams. or, in some cases, mod teams simply exist to divvy up the work - not to separate who does what job.. so VB may or may not be useful to you depending on what area of modding you're interested in. :)
Black Ice
loa fan!

Return to Coders Hell