Torque Roundtable discussion (Torque owners only plz)

talk and review codes here

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Postby Trigger » 06-08-2006 07:09 PM

the more i get into it the more i just tell myself the shader isn't at a good point yet. I am working on a few map idea's.

Sure post some code ill document it in my notes.
Trigger
video production

Postby DR.EVIL~TAG » 06-22-2006 11:47 AM

Trigger & BrokenMachine, I'll be uploading the door tool I made probably tonight along with also posting some more info here on it.

I'll also be making up another one for breaking glass and otehr crap, Maybe I'll make one up one big tool on a few things like the oed is based for the BHD game.
For your gaming textures and downloads. Now hosting over 5000 game textures and more uploaded every night. Click the sig.
DR.EVIL~TAG
Mod Depot Staff

Postby DR.EVIL~TAG » 06-22-2006 01:21 PM

Ok heres this tool , I had to meet a few requirements before releasing it to the public.

You can now trial and error it if you want, If you need a hand with anything or think something should be explained more let me know.

Before using the tool you should add your key that will allow you to open Doors.

Step One:In your /client/scripts/default.bind.cs file you need to add this to the end of the code.

moveMap.bindCmd(keyboard, "0", "commandToServer('Operate');", "");

This will tell the game that the number ZERO is the key that will be used to open the doors.

Step Two: Open the /server/scripts/game.cs and add the following to the end of the EXECS

exec("./doors.cs");

Now with in the exec make sure you place in the right file name , It is what ever you saved it as out of the tool here.

Step Three: Create your door dts and sound files to be used and place them in the appropriete folders, For example for you door you can create a new file folder in the data/shapes/DOORS

and the sounds can go into the data/sounds folder.

Then use the tool to create you .cs file for your doors and place the cs file into the /server/scripts folder.

The tool can be found in the Mod Depot downlaod section HERE
For your gaming textures and downloads. Now hosting over 5000 game textures and more uploaded every night. Click the sig.
DR.EVIL~TAG
Mod Depot Staff

Postby DR.EVIL~TAG » 06-22-2006 07:17 PM

I'll be releasing another one or maybe an add on for this one which will allow the door to be able to move up,left,right,down,back,and forward , This version of the door could be used in caves,Secret areas or pretty patio doors which slide LOL .
DR.EVIL~TAG
Mod Depot Staff

Postby Trigger » 06-23-2006 06:13 AM

kool thanks bud
Trigger
video production

Previous

Return to Coders Hell