Adding Old Weapons

Weapon.def Discussion Here

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Adding Old Weapons

Postby EfinKiller » 03-29-2004 07:39 PM

SO i see in the TN exp all the old weapons r there and SURE would like to know the in's and outs of what it takes to get a weapon like say the OICW in there. Looked in your pff but is A LOT there AND only found some files in the dfbhd pff and a few more in the TN exp pff but not all of what I need to know is in there so if i could finish that road, with one of yours help, mite go on to some new thing i found here. But still working on same mod basics i guess you would say. By then maybe enuff post on here can just read what i need to know on the modeling stuff! But still need to understand what is allready on my plate first. TY 4 any help.
just finding the files that hold the choices is avoiding me. more work to do.
EfinKiller

Postby Timber3050 NAA » 03-30-2004 05:47 AM

the TN weapon.def are encoded so that people can't just take the weapons from there and slap em on there own mod. need to work on you mod on your own :)

as for adding new weapons with diferent objects on your own, i still need to learn that too
Timber3050 NAA
showing off again

Postby EfinKiller » 03-30-2004 06:42 PM

NEED to work on my MOD myself ?! Then What is this forum for? AND as i said they used OLD weapons ,i'm not sure but i think no new never befor weapons appeared in TN exp. NOT nocking it IT"S GREAT but it seams to me they just used NV files from old games(MAY BE WRONG). The trick is knowing where to put them! ALSO didn't i see YOU asking for HELP too??? MAYBE YOU should work on your OWN mod. BUT i don't think this forum is here for NO ONE to use for guides and answers. OR AM I WRONG GUYS tell me if i ask to much or expecting a POLITE responce ,even if it's NO, and the rest of these guys r so nice do u exspect them to help you and not me!! thanks again COLD FUSION for your HOW TO INSTALL A NEW WEAPON TUT thanks !!! :) good expantion pack TERRA NOVA keep it up and thanks for helping a homey out!
EfinKiller

Postby Timber3050 NAA » 03-30-2004 06:51 PM

hehe you caught me, lol. i'm saying they don't want things previously used in there mod to be used in other mods. these forums are for getting help and sharing your work, not taking other peoples work for an easy fix for your own. I am working on my mod, problem is i don't know much yet, lol. Sry i wasn't specific earlier, was speeking about taking things from the Terranova.def, not learning how to add new weapons, as i said i didn't know how anyways at the time. sry... I feal like i'm repeating things here, lol
Timber3050 NAA
showing off again

Postby EfinKiller » 03-30-2004 07:15 PM

so i see you r back pedaling a little! I'll take that as an apology and say look in the tutorial section COLD FUSTION has given US the answer. THANK YOU COLD
EfinKiller

Postby loa » 03-30-2004 09:11 PM

just to clear things up a little on the tn exp,all the guns in the exp were only retextured guns with new atributes to make them seem like new guns.as for releaseing the and uncrypted def of the guns that were in the tn exp why bother since the df mod tools come with an uncrypted def file. as for the oicw thats a retextured mp5 its not an actual oicw model. same with the m20 just a retextured m21 with new setings" i made that 1". im trying to get my head together to make a good tut for guns makeing and geting them in to the game
loa
Administrator

Postby Timber3050 NAA » 03-31-2004 05:14 AM

I figured that most of the ew guns were just retextured weapons, but the OICW was convincing enough for me, lol. though i only used it once
Timber3050 NAA
showing off again

Return to Weapon.def