(randomsniperifle)+masterkey BHD

Weapon.def Discussion Here

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

(randomsniperifle)+masterkey BHD

Postby TFDLeader » 06-26-2009 05:20 PM

alright, so new question to those who have been helping me.

if i wanted to add an underslung shotgun attachment to one of the sniper rifles. all i would have to do is do something similar to the 203. for example take the PSG-1, add one more slot for it, and name it "MasterKey" and have it fire off 12 Gage with the shotgun sound file right?

*copy the info from the M16/203 or the Car-15/203 that shows it has more fireing modes, change 3 to 2

*copy the 203 portion, change the Ammo type, weapon sound, how many rounds are loaded into the weapon, change the reload animation, change the name, and add 21 to the reserve rounds.
TFDLeader

Postby Xx_jet_xX » 06-27-2009 09:23 AM

That would be how to do the def file for it, but it would not create the shotgun itself under the sniper rifle. that is done through the weapon model itself.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. --George Carlin
Xx_jet_xX
JET Laggg

Postby TFDLeader » 07-06-2009 01:54 AM

Xx_jet_xX wrote:...but it would not create the shotgun itself under the sniper rifle. that is done through the weapon model itself.

i know, thanks
TFDLeader

Postby ShadowZ » 07-08-2009 08:09 PM

There's a flag for under slung weapons, that makes the game point to the second muzzle for Muzzle flash graphics.

However, as far as I know, this doesn't work as it should.

So instead, try looking into two 3di's that has the muzzle user point on the first muzzle (Sniper rifle, for example) and the second 3di would have the muzzle user point on the under slug weapon (shotgun, for example).

As far as I know, there are no combinations such as this, however with Remington's Picatinny rail to Picatinny rail attachment, and with sniper rifle stocks that have Picatinny rails on the underside (Such as those for the M14) it could be done.
ShadowZ

Return to Weapon.def