Sniper Rifle Scope

Weapon.def Discussion Here

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Sniper Rifle Scope

Postby DAN329 » 07-06-2006 12:50 PM

I can't seem to get the scope working on my sniper rifle... Here is the definitions. I tried these same exact definitions but changing the gfx to what nova had for the winchester, and it worked fine. Is there some sort of UPG code or something i need to put in front of the scope or something like that to get it to work?
--------------------------------------------
Winchester GFX:

gfx1 w300_1st
gfx1a arms
gfx1b armsb
gfx1_sa armsc
gfx1_sb armscb
gfx3 w300_3RD
pos -18 -0 -162 0 0 0
tpos -69 27 -147 0 0 0

My sniper rifle definitions (Scope dosnt toggle):
weapon "Sniper Rifle"
category 3
rank 1
statid 10001

charfilter medic
charfilter sniper
charfilter gunner
charfilter cqb
charfilter gunner

flags Sniper

loadout_selectable 1 //PG
loadout_subclasses 1 //PG

loadout_menu_icon tbd.tga
loadout_menu_textid WEAP_SHORT_noshow
loadout_menu_ttdesc WEAP_DESC_nowshow
weapon_class primary

round_type "AMMO_SNIPER"
clipsize 45
startrounds 45
error_hip 0 // Innacuracy While Standing
error_up 0 // Innacuracy While Scoped
targetpitchmax 85 // degrees up maximum
targetpitchmin 85 // degrees down
flags Scoped
scope_max_zero 10 100 200
scope_max_mag 8
maximum
targetyawrange 120 // *2 = total range or degrees to left, degrees to right
ammoclass CLASS_50CAL 1
launchuserpoint bullet

crosshair coma20mm.tga
hudicon H_barret.tga
hudclipgfx 0 0 H_clip.tga // entire clip
hudrndgfx 7 0 11 0 1 H_round.tga // top cartrige in clip

animadm M82_1st

gfx1 Snip1st
gfx3 Sniper
pos 45 -35 -45 0 0 0 //<--- X (Forward Back) Y (Left Right) Z (Up Down) Phi (Pitch) Theta (Yaw) Omega (Roll)

action "idle"
delayend auto
anim anim_wpn_idle
function wpn_std_idle
end

action "emptyidle"
delayend auto
anim anim_wpn_idle
function wpn_std_idle
end

action "fire"
delayend auto
soundsetend GS_BARRET
anim anim_wpn_fire
function wpn_std_fire
particle Effect_M4MuzFlashFp
particleuserpoint mflash01
end

action "recoil"
delayend 50
anim anim_wpn_recoil
function wpn_std_recoil
particle Effect_M4BCasingFP
particleuserpoint bcasing
end

action "reload"
delaystart 1
delayend auto
soundset GF_BARRETT_RL
anim anim_wpn_reload
function wpn_std_reload
end

action "empty"
delayend auto
soundset DRY_SNIPE //barrett
anim anim_wpn_empty
function wpn_std_empty
end

action "switchto"
soundset GF_M21_ST
delaystart 1
delayend 1
anim anim_wpn_switchto
function wpn_std_switchto
end

action "switchfrom"
soundset GF_M21_SF
delaystart 1
delayend 1
anim anim_wpn_switchfrom
function wpn_std_switchfrom
end

action "switchrank"
delaystart 1
delayend 1
anim anim_wpn_switchrank
function wpn_std_switchrank
end
end

and just because everyone likes screenshots heres one
Can't wait to see Angel Falls. Everyone sign up for their stupid Gold membership lol
DAN329
MODDING FUCKING OWNS!!!

Postby coolduderyan07 » 07-07-2006 11:37 PM

Well I would start off with the 747, then work your way down to the squirrel. Then when things get more advanced, take the squirrel and throw it at the 747. There lies your answer. PM if you have any more questions.
coolduderyan07

Postby DAN329 » 07-07-2006 11:39 PM

thats animal abuse... who would ever want to throw a squirrel at a 747... how do u sleep at nite lol
Can't wait to see Angel Falls. Everyone sign up for their stupid Gold membership lol
DAN329
MODDING FUCKING OWNS!!!

Postby coolduderyan07 » 07-07-2006 11:41 PM

Things get advanced, and a little wierd when modding. Especially a novalogic game. Its not animal abuse if you think the 747 is an eskimo, and the squirrel is a diet coke. I mean come on, get the creativity juices flowing and think of the answer, you will find it from within. That is where the true answer lies.

P.S. 200 posts!! YEA
coolduderyan07

Postby DAN329 » 07-07-2006 11:44 PM

the true answer?? the tru answer?? YOU WANT THE TRUTH?? YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

THOSE ESKIMOS WORK A FULL DAYS WORK TO PUT FOOD ON THIS TABLE SO THAT WE DONT HAVE TO GROW UP THROWING SQUIRRELS AT BOEING 747S! NOW DEFEND YOUR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH AND SHUT UP!

lol

PS: n00b pwn4gez0rz-0-s4urus
DAN329
MODDING FUCKING OWNS!!!

Postby coolduderyan07 » 07-07-2006 11:50 PM

Well you know what, I bet you arent thinking about that poor asian dude, printing out the new batches of pokemon cards. Have you ever thought about those poor asian guys? No I bet you haven't , they each have at least 18 kids, and live in a shed no bigger than a truck. Yea you heard me, those poor asian kids are all running around in their worn down pikachu clothes,sleeping on charizard plush toys, while eskimos sit here and get diet cokes thown at them. Those useless pigs, no one wants them. They are soo selfish, and self centered. And those squirrels, yea it might be animal abuse.... but do you see me complaining when they go around on my trees and taking all my nuts??!! HUH! Have you ever thought of that? its called human abuse. Now thse squirrels need to be taught a lesson or two. A couple smacks against a 747 will do them some good.

Man people these days..
coolduderyan07

Postby DAN329 » 07-07-2006 11:53 PM

its always about you huh?! every argument its always about you

when is it about me

YOU DONT LoVE ME!!!!!!!!!

im having your baby and ur gunna have to pay child suport

this is a virtual render of our son would look like if we kept it alive for another 12 years:

DAN329
MODDING FUCKING OWNS!!!

Postby coolduderyan07 » 07-07-2006 11:58 PM

Well, Your not getting any money out of me.. this is BS! I bet your going to send him to work in a sweatshop sewing arms and legs onto those pikachu plush toys, now aren't you. You pro-human abuse scoundrel. It has to be about me, I'm the one working my butt off and making money, not to mention, PAYING ALL THE BILLS! Now i find out your sending my kid to ASIA. Im taking the car and the dog, you can take our house (cardboard box) and make use of it. Maybe make someone a nice little carboard table to go along with their carboard house. You don't need it, and I don't need you. Now get out of my house! (cardboard box)
coolduderyan07

Postby DAN329 » 07-08-2006 12:02 AM

yeah well i guess we could try throwing some squirrels at a 747... it would show those squirrels a lesson, and besides, we dont wanna get cancer out in the cold this winter.... with all those bears and trees and helicopters u could freeze out there and stuff.... i know you agree with me and i do to but thats just wrong, dont do that and please do that and stuff and this topic is becoming so spammy its gunna get deleted someone please reply seriously to my original post or i will surely shrink to death

says the panda with green ears
DAN329
MODDING FUCKING OWNS!!!

Postby PyscoFalc » 07-08-2006 02:37 AM

lol you guys are weird

now back on topic i think there is a naming conversion in the model somewhere

I'm a total noob at this so don't blame me if I'm wrong lol
PyscoFalc
NO i'm not a chav

Postby Black Ice » 07-09-2006 01:12 PM

man sniper scopes from novalogic are fucked out the wazoo

to this day i haven't found the damn picture of the scope, let alone how to code the toggle zoom in/out feature.

i still have a feeling that scope is drawn in with coding, there are ways to do that even in visual basic programs. set coordinates, color of line, etc... don't know why else I couldn't find that scope.

of course I know I'm wrong. I've seen real SVD scopes in the reality mod for JO, so it's obvious that scope exists.

enough about scopes, I don't know what I'm ranting for.. :(

edit: okay, you said that novalogic's worked. why not just use it?

if you are trying to learn how to do it from scratch that's fine too. my advice is to make a big notepad window, or microsoft word zoomed out if you have to, and copy and paste novalogic's coding.

then, select all, paste your coding.

if there are any discrepancies between the two codings (obviously there are) then you can see where they begin, and what you are missing or have done incorrectly.

edit 2: I know this sounds weird also but I just took a look at the coding and saw all of the actions. shouldn't there be an action for right clicking to bring up the scope function? i haven't done this before but kind of know how to read this because of some simple VB experience and primarily novalogic .ini files I looked at on their older games.
Black Ice
loa fan!

Postby DAN329 » 07-10-2006 09:48 AM

no i mean basically there sniper rifle works, then ill use their same code, but with my sniper rifle gfx 3di, and the scope wont work

and btw the scope picture is a tga file located somewhere in i think resource, maybe local

i dont think it involves vb or anything...that wouldnt make sense but yeah i really need this scope working or my guns gunna suck

a sniper rifle without a scope lol
DAN329
MODDING FUCKING OWNS!!!

Postby ShadowZ » 05-06-2009 11:20 PM

To Tie up loose ends:

Sniper Scopes, like the ones used for JO and BHD (Black all around, with a circle of the terrain and a crosshair) need to have a flag set in order to be used.

flags Scoped, or something similar (Check your stock .def)

The actual reticle may be changed if you don't like it, simply by using the sights graphic.targa ## ## ## ## blend method (Yes, the very same you use for making sights)... however this is only for JO and later titles.

Also, the Scope graphic is not a targa, it's game rendered and you can't change the way it looks.
ShadowZ

Return to Weapon.def