Help in Terranova EXP

Weapon.def Discussion Here

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Help in Terranova EXP

Postby dady73 » 06-01-2006 04:57 PM

I was playing BHD it says its v1.5.0.5 on one screen but in game it says it is V1.5 also when i play the terranova exp when i use my M4 Silenced My M20 silenced and other weapons dont have the right texture its like i choose the RPK-74 in singleplayer and guess what i get.... a bad looking m249 say with a plain orange grip no bipod and a really bad reload animation can someone help me????
dady73

Postby Black Ice » 06-01-2006 06:43 PM

well that's actually the way it's supposed to be. if i recall correctly that mod was released the month the mod tools were released for BHD, and a lot of the work for it was done before those tools were released, so some of the quality of those guns isn't that great. that's the way the RPK-74 should reload. it's just a SAW with a red barrel.

that's definitely not the best terranova has to offer. it was necessary for them in the sense it gave them experience with BHD modding and got them comfortable with the C4 engine but they've done much better work since then!

the terranova mod is okay but a lot of the weapons make gameplay out of whack. the objects and environments are incredible nevertheless.

if you are looking for a good mod experience wait 1-2 more weeks for Black Operations: Insurgency. SonicDeath has spent many, many hours toiling over it and it promises to deliver the most exciting mod release for BHD to date. :)

if i understand what you're saying correctly... you actually don't have any problems with the game at all! just remember that work is literally years old and was the first full-blown mod ever for BHD. just wait another week or two for Black Ops: Insurgency and treat Terranova EXP as an introduction to modding. :)
Black Ice
loa fan!

TYTY

Postby dady73 » 06-01-2006 07:46 PM

Thanks,Dude
dady73

Postby A.bullet » 06-01-2006 08:20 PM

Just to clarify.. ALL of the EXP mod was done BEFORE there was ANY mod tools..

Terrains were created from scratch without any tools to make new CPT files..

3di file format was figured out by myself and Darehacker.. allowing for limited mods of existing objects.. such as the tank with emplaced fifty cal.. which was done sans mod tools..

Personally I never thought it was that bad except for the glitchyness of a lot of the C4 objects..
Admin Mod Depot
Owner / Admin DFBarracks.com
A.bullet
Admin

Postby A.bullet » 06-01-2006 08:28 PM

Actually.. just was thinking about and realized that the EXP mod probably is the only mod ever to be released which contains 3di files which were created without using the OED at all.. ALL the rectangular shaped primitves.. like the wall sections, fences etc.. were made with a 3di editor I made for BHD which allowed you to make square or rectangular models only which had a collision box that was identical to the texture models..

Very primitive.. but still probably the first and only 3di's ever created outside of Nova.. or without Nova's tools at all..

For an example of those objects put to use.. see the winter castle map I made.. which was made entirely of new primitive objects made in my 3di maker..
Admin Mod Depot
Owner / Admin DFBarracks.com
A.bullet
Admin

Return to Weapon.def