Jotr Defs

Item.Def Discussion Here

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Jotr Defs

Postby BaneFWP » 05-12-2004 09:32 AM

If anyone is interested, here are some Definition files from Joint Ops.

Bane
BaneFWP

Postby -SyNDrOMe » 05-13-2004 05:21 PM

how did you unencrypt them?
-SyNDrOMe
EXP STAFF MEMBER

Comanche 4 Defs

Postby BaneFWP » 05-15-2004 11:28 AM

Opening the zip from the link doesnt work.
If You download it first then its fine.

What I would like to know how do you get them re-encrypted.

Its only important to me because Comanche doesn't seem to except them any other way. There really isn't much point in putting out a mod with the same items.

Here are the primary def files for C4.
They may come in handy for some of ya.

The items def has three items that are missing the first set of quotation marks from the item name. I left them alone as Im not too sure that a bug fix hasn't been coded around them. Either that or my Capt'n Crunch decoder ring is on the fritz again.

Bane
BaneFWP

Re-encrypting

Postby BaneFWP » 05-25-2004 10:37 AM

Disregard.

That problem is solved.
BTW, The missing quotations in the C4 items.def has been incorporated into the code. Reminds me of something about sledge hammers and ants.

Bane
BaneFWP

Postby Fred » 08-25-2004 10:11 PM

Bane... ummm... you say the problem of re-encrypting them is solved... but I'm wondering if your sharing any more than this.
Fred
MOD Scientist

Postby ÇÕLÐFÜSÎÓN » 08-26-2004 07:10 AM

i'll explain it....

im too lazy to explain.. i'll let DV explain

http://mods.terranova-exp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1835#post1835
ÇÕLÐFÜSÎÓN
[|+_+|]

Postby Q-dad~TAG » 08-26-2004 09:58 AM

Make sure you spread the word to all the people on the darkside as well, since this must be great news to them, allowing them to make new types of cheats which will not be detected by CheatBlocker, unless CheatBlocker is updated to check many more files, something which might not happen, since it's still undecided if Deadbolt will ever do more work on DFFavs/CB... Somebody obviously doesn't care much about the fate of the pre-BHD gaming communities... Great news indeed! :mad:
TXP (Terrain Xpansion Pack) for DF2: http://txp.df2.org/

Q-dad~TAG

Postby Fred » 08-26-2004 02:17 PM

Q-dad~TAG wrote:Make sure you spread the word to all the people on the darkside as well, since this must be great news to them, allowing them to make new types of cheats which will not be detected by CheatBlocker, unless CheatBlocker is updated to check many more files, something which might not happen, since it's still undecided if Deadbolt will ever do more work on DFFavs/CB... Somebody obviously doesn't care much about the fate of the pre-BHD gaming communities... Great news indeed! :mad:

C'mon Q-dad~TAG - this isn't fair. I'm sure the cheatmakers are more than capable of making cheats with or without this. It is allowing honest modders to mod their pre DFBHD games. I have been waiting at least 3 years to put an item into Comanche4. And I am also excited about the prospects for TFD (my first Nova game...).

I understand your concerns...but I recognize all of these guys on this forum. I also like the fact you have to log in and have an account to view them - like chancellors. Even PB in JO is not preventing cheaters - and they are a paid service. Cheaters will cheat -'come hell or high water'. But anyhoo... I won't advertise this find - no matter.. - I really do appreciate it.
Fred
MOD Scientist

Postby Q-dad~TAG » 08-26-2004 02:33 PM

You're right, it ISN'T fair... To release that tool isn't fair towards all the thousands of people who still belong to anti-cheat communities of pre-BHD games, and who now suddenly will experience that a CB Only server (in DF2/LW/TFD) not necessarily will mean a cheat free server anymore.

There are not many cheats (if any at all) which now will work in a CB Only server... With this tool being released, it will be a lot easier to come up with new ways of cheating, and if it CAN happen, it WILL happen. During our work on TXP2, we have used a similar tool, developed by ourselves, and we've discovered several ways in which such a tool can make people of the dark side create new cheats without them being detected by CheatBlocker.

It's not fair!

Q-dad~TAG

Postby DR.EVIL~TAG » 08-26-2004 02:38 PM

Small note,Even having to log in to a web site to veiw something doesn't mean your a good guy or a bad guy,A cheat Pr**k could create a name logg in and view everything we say here .

Our main concern is clean servers that will be no longer now .Harder to keep clean,more moderators now ect ect
DR.EVIL~TAG
Mod Depot Staff

Postby Q-dad~TAG » 08-26-2004 03:53 PM

Final note from me...:

It's been released... no going back now. Fine. Good job, DV/Terranova. Good luck in explaining the new cheats which will soon start appearing. Nice tool, btw... I won't post anymore on this issue, no matter what.

Btw, the above was my best effort of not sounding too harsh.

Q-dad~TAG

Postby DR.EVIL~TAG » 08-26-2004 04:02 PM

Final note from me as well,

For those of you making new mods for the games please and i can't stress the please enough check into the other mods out there to make them all compatible,If you need help let us know,We don't want to see previous mods disappear under an install of a new mod,It takes time to make everythig compatble but its worth it and it saves on hard aches.

For the bad bad men out there well what i want to say would get me banned so in closing just leave the us alone
DR.EVIL~TAG
Mod Depot Staff

Return to Items.Def