help!!!

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

help!!!

Postby ferret » 02-19-2007 04:38 PM

im abit of a noob whenit comes to skinning, i want to change the skin of a player in join operations so i found one dds file and changed it but it had no effect. is there other files i have to edit? any help would be appreciated
ferret

ya

Postby Rocketer » 02-20-2007 06:00 AM

u have to edit the face arms ext.... also different dd`s works on more then 1 person so if you make a guy`s skin with I LOVE ROCKETER across the front it will show up on another wich can be abit of a down fall
Rocketer

Postby Black Ice » 02-20-2007 08:53 PM

well that's not necessarily true.

make sure you put the .DDS file back into the JO folder with the same name you had extracted it with.

Also make a new JO shortcut. It should look like this:

Right click JO Shortcut > Properties > Target line > "C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Joint Operations Typhoon Rising\Jointops.exe"

Change this:

"C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Joint Operations Typhoon Rising\Jointops.exe"

to this:

"C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Joint Operations Typhoon Rising\Jointops.exe" /d /s

/d means you are in the dev mode

/s means any sounds you add in to your JO folder will replace PFF sound files until you remove them from the JO folder

Make sure not to join any PB servers with a /d or /s shortcut, or any files in your JO folder, or you'll find yourself on the PB list!
Black Ice
loa fan!

lol

Postby Rocketer » 02-21-2007 05:18 AM

i hate to breack this to you but dds files and sound files dont do anything to punk buster you just put them in your jo folder and when your tired of them you deleate them
Rocketer

Postby ferret » 02-21-2007 11:29 AM

ok thank for the help guys, il keep that im mind
ferret

Re: lol

Postby Black Ice » 02-21-2007 09:15 PM

Rocketer wrote:i hate to breack this to you but dds files and sound files dont do anything to punk buster you just put them in your jo folder and when your tired of them you deleate them

when the game sees you're running it in development mode and could thus be seeing the enemy running through the woods with a fluorescent orange gun or flamingo pink camouflage design - it could be cheating, so unless they've changed it recently, it used to "catch" you. :( a shame for straight players because it was great to mod your game without restriction.
Black Ice
loa fan!

Return to Discuss Skinning Here