Making a pond.

COD2 mapping

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Making a pond.

Postby MestHead » 02-24-2007 05:36 PM

What you need.
1. Call of Duty 2
2. Call of Duty 2 Radiant
3. Basic Knowledge of how to move through Radiant and make a sky box.

Ok, first. Make a basic brush for your pond.
Next what you need to do is patch it so we can edit it into the shape of a pond. Go to Patch> Simple Terrain Patch and patch with 15 x 15. Now give it a basic grass texture like mine and press Y. Make the settings like mine and you should get those dots all over your brush.

Now, to make your terrain go up hold ALT and left click. To make it go down press ALT and right click. Since we are making a pond, we need it to go down. So use ALT and right click to make a pond shape. After you have somthing you like, go to Textures> Locale> Tools and find clip_water. Put some water exactly like you would put a caulk down over the area of the your pond. Now DO NOT deselect it or else it will be there in your game and you cannot delete it. Now, give the water some depth so it stretches below the bottom of your pond. Bring the whole brush down below the floor so your ground isnt all water.

Now go to Textures> Surface Type> water. Next go to Textures>Locale> All. Now find the texture of water that you like ( I use water rhine) and texture it. Its now safe to deselect it. You now have a pond! Complie and test it out.

Also, when making the shape of your pond, besure not to make irregular spots in the bottom that will get players stuck and don't make the sides too steep or they can't get out.

Thanks for reading!
MestHead

Postby PyscoFalc » 02-25-2007 08:31 AM

This is just what i needed Thanks Mest!:D
PyscoFalc
NO i'm not a chav

Postby MestHead » 02-25-2007 08:36 AM

No Problem. Feels good to finally not be the noob here always asking for help on stuff. Haha
MestHead

Return to COD2 mapping