making maps

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

making maps

Postby MP Sniper-stf- » 05-13-2005 10:22 PM

i would really like to know how to start making my own maps (thats why i came to this forum)

if some body or a couple of people could tell me by detail how to make them and also the matterials i would need to make them such as software i would much appreciate it thanks

for bhd:team sabre
MP Sniper-stf-

Postby Git-R-Dun-1 » 05-18-2005 12:23 PM

Well, that is a big order..
Firstly, which program do you wish to make maps for?

After answering that we will go from there.

If you wan to make maps for JO:E
then a wonderful resource is here:

here you will find a list of forums for each program map making.

Waiting for your reply.....:)

Postby Lt.Kill'em » 06-08-2005 07:07 PM

Lol....He said BHD: TS :rolleyes:

Postby Black Ice » 06-26-2005 06:55 PM

Map making is a fun thing to do.

If you have BHD and/or Team Sabre you are good to go on the software for the map making.

To open up your MED (Map EDitor) go to (Default path here): C:\Program Files\Novalogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\ and look for an icon that looks like the regular start up icon, but it says MED on it.

Double click it and it will open up to a black screen with a yellow box.

While I could tell you a ton of stuff right here I'll save myself some trouble and give you what I used to start out.

It was for the original C4 demo med, but it is great.

I am still using the MED and I have been for THREE YEARS or so. I am STILL learning new things, and just learned one 2 days ago!

One thing not talked about in that topic is lowering and raising objects by half a meter.. once you start getting into it come back here and read the next paragraph.

When in 3D Wireframe mode with the object[s] selected use shift and control and then the up/arrow key to raise objects very slightly.

To raise objects 1 meter, use shift and the up/down arrows.

Those are the two biggest things the article may not talk about.

I gave up on the MED for about a year after the first time I looked at it - "This is ridiculous and way too complicated!" It's actually a pretty simple tool that you can do a lot with.. just don't get discouraged and practice with it.

That's another great tip..
Black Ice
loa fan!

Postby DAN329 » 12-22-2005 08:05 PM

on your bhd cd, it will have a very descriptive tutorial on how to make maps...

but me being..... not a manual type of person... and being able to pick up programs rather well....

I opened the program.... got confused at the buttons, went to the top menu... looked around.... clicked a few things... clicked insert mode... happened to click on the green box, and it went from there

in my first week I made a map that earned a 10 out of 10 on dfbarracks, 7 people rated

it was a giant roller coaster sniping map that i made out of bridges, cargo containers, fence posts, stadium towers, and some other stuff
Can't wait to see Angel Falls. Everyone sign up for their stupid Gold membership lol

Return to Mod Mappers Haven