using nile to make bhd maps

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

using nile to make bhd maps

Postby axofhell » 01-24-2005 10:25 AM

is there any way to use nile to create bhd maps or like a converter from niles save type to one that would then be able to be run by bhd or reopened in the med and then work on bhd? cause i find it alot easier to work with the nile editor then the med but in looking around i havent found a way to use nile for bhd maps. thanks for any help
axofhell

Postby TheDeadGunner » 01-24-2005 04:29 PM

Not to my knolage.

When (If) the BHD mod for JO comes out, then someone might find a way to convert the types of files, but until then I doubt it
"The only reason people get lost in thought, is because it's unfamiliar territory"
TheDeadGunner
XM312Gunner

Postby axofhell » 01-24-2005 05:25 PM

well i figured out how to get everything to convert over except for the terrains...they load in but i cant view them to place objects...any idea how i can get the terrains to show up in the screen?
axofhell

Postby LC.Prophet-SOD- » 01-24-2005 07:39 PM

well you can extract the BHD terrain files and convert the cpt to JO using DV's converter then that should work but I cannot guarentee you it will 100% because I have been converting DF2 terrains and taking advantage of just changing the file name within the trn file mainly because its easier and the grass looks great. You can try a couple of things using this concept or you can edit the BHD terrain files or leave them. Now to the importan question to you. Would you mind sharing how you converted the objects from BHD to JO? I will work on converting the BHD terrains also...and let you know what I come up with..
LC.Prophet-SOD-

Postby axofhell » 01-25-2005 10:02 AM

well for the objects, i atleast got them onto the object palette by importing the bhd resource file into nile, the only problem i have is i can not place them because while importing the ref file it overwrote the JO terrains. For me to fulling know that they imported correctly (which i would think they would since while exploring the JO resource.pff i noticed all objects are 3di files just like the bhd objects. i could be totally off on this since this is the first time im tryin somethin like this. what i may do is put a copy of the bhd ref file in my JO folder so that when i import refs from the JO folder it also imports the bhd file...that could be a long shot but im goin to try that today and pray i dont mess up my game. if it works it will atleast tell me if i can place bhd objects since hopefully the JO terrains will come over with it.
axofhell

Postby axofhell » 01-25-2005 01:10 PM

ok so i was doing some more work on this and i was able to get a terrain, actually a JO terrain which then i changed the resource path to bhd but i keep getting an error saying the object can not be created...im gonna continue lookin into this and hopefully i can figure it out
axofhell

Postby axofhell » 01-27-2005 12:19 PM

well ive been asking around and i think i figured it out minus the not being able to place the objects on a bhd terrain since i havent tried converting it but it seems that you need to place a copy of the items.def file in the bhd resource file so when you import the resource file it also will import the item.def file...ill try converting the terrains and get back on whether it totally worked or not
axofhell

Return to Mod Mappers Haven