Tunnel Creation Tutorial (USING BBV)

In Memory Of Dr. Evil ~TAG

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Tunnel Creation Tutorial (USING BBV)

Postby DAN329 » 01-11-2007 08:17 PM

Note: You need some basic knowledge of 3ds max 7 for this tutorial. I do not go through every button you have to press and all that. It is more focused on how to create your BBV when creating a tunnel. Creating the mesh is up to you, but I do provide alot of good examples and pictures. I suggest your first tunnel be simple like mine.

Can't wait to see Angel Falls. Everyone sign up for their stupid Gold membership lol
DAN329
MODDING FUCKING OWNS!!!

Postby coolduderyan07 » 01-11-2007 08:22 PM

Nice try man, but may I suggest you be more clear nextime. As in, post some pictures, preferable colored ones like red and green/blue or w.e... then maybe add some actuall lenghts like say 20 40 and 60 (random lengths)... then maybe compare it to novas. It might be alot of work, but in the end it would probly end up looking really good. Name it like, "Basic Tunnel Tutorial" and add some photoshop text.

I'll keep dreaming tho, it's not like you have the skillz to even attempt that.
coolduderyan07

Postby DAN329 » 01-12-2007 07:23 PM

Yeah I only wasted 3 hours of my time making this. Was hoping I'd get some feedback.
Can't wait to see Angel Falls. Everyone sign up for their stupid Gold membership lol
DAN329
MODDING FUCKING OWNS!!!

Postby twist-of-fate » 01-12-2007 10:08 PM

great job dan. tunnels are 1 thing i havnt got around to do but have had some cool ideas for them. The only problem is i wanted to make sewers but they really cant be made unless you make the manhole with a plane just above ground level with a tga that looks like it has depth. Kind of cheesy lol. the storm drain on the corner of a block can be made to crawl into then move over then down so that would work right.
.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
[url]WAR-PLANET.COM[/url]
(¸.•´ (¸.*´ ¸.•´
`•-*¤
twist-of-fate
WAR-PLANET.COM

Postby DAN329 » 01-13-2007 09:29 AM

hmm well you could have a completely horizontal entrance into a sewar, that comes out of a hill and is like a pipe, you walk into the pipe and before you can even see the terrain intersecting with the model, you first have to take a turn, in which you cannot see the terrain anywhere.. umm kinda hard to explain exactly what i mean but i gotta go, goin to my grandfathers funeral down in ny, be back in 4 days and ill post some pics of what you could do with the sewars
DAN329
MODDING FUCKING OWNS!!!

Return to Tutorials