BHD Full Version Damage Bar

In Memory Of Dr. Evil ~TAG

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

BHD Full Version Damage Bar

Postby DR.EVIL~TAG » 12-10-2006 08:58 AM

Ever wanted to know how much health you had in BHD after being shot a few times by other members. Here is a easy to follow step by step write up on how to get a health bar into your BHD game. Sources from Twist of Fate REFERENCE THIS POST & BHD file hudpos.def

To start off you will need to get yourself a few tools to enable you to perform the decrypting of the def file and the extracting from pff files.

BHD/TS Tool (Def decrypter) HERE

DeSrc - HERE

PFF Manager - http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/redirect.php?fid=276

Step 1: Using the PFF manager tool locate your localres.pff that is located with in your BHD file folder.

Step 2: Once it is opened, In the lower left corner you will see a filter box, choose DEF from the drop down menu and then you will see 9 def files.
Step 3: Select the hudpos.def and then go to the ACTIONS menu and select the EXTRACT button. From here choose a place you would like to extract the file to.

Step 4: Now open up the BHD/TS Tool or the DeSrc tool and decrypt the file. I will show you the steps using both tools.

BHD/TS Tool

A: Open the tool up and select the Decrypt BHD DEF file button at the top under the BHD-TS tab.

B: A new window will open up now browse to the location where you exported the hudpos.def file and choose it as seen in the image above.

C: It will open it up into the tool and decrypt it to plain text as its doing this it will again open a new window up which will allow you to save it to a txt file for easy editing. In the filename type in hudpos.txt This will now plae a plain txt file into the location you chose to save it to.

Down load plain txt version from HERE
DeSrc Tool

A: Open the tool up and from the drop down box select the BHD/TS/JO key.

B: Next select the Decrypt button and choose the hudpos.def file. This will decrypt the file to a txt file in the same location as the hudpos.def file.

Step 5: Open up the newly decrypted hudpos.txt file and scroll down into it till you find the line that looks exactly like this:

HUDDECLUT_DMGBAR 0 0 0 0

Step 6: Change the second 0 to a number 1

Step 7: Now save the txt file and open one of the DEF decrypting tools again so we can encrypt the file to a def file again.

The DeSrc tool will automatically place the .def ending on the file where as the BHD/TS Tool you need to type it in the file name box as hudpos.def again.

Step 8: Now you have a new def file. We will put it back into the pff file we took it out of using the pff tool again. Under the actions button select ADD and browse to your new hudpos.def file location and upload it overwriting the old file already in the pff.

And the finished result shall look like this:

All my tutorials are to be posted only on TxpGone3D,Mod-Depot,DfBarracks and DfReload
For your gaming textures and downloads. Now hosting over 5000 game textures and more uploaded every night. Click the sig.
DR.EVIL~TAG
Mod Depot Staff

Postby PyscoFalc » 12-11-2006 10:12 AM

nice tut you got here Doc very good and ty this well help some people out
PyscoFalc
NO i'm not a chav

Postby DAN329 » 01-15-2007 09:51 AM

wow very nice, maybe ill put one on my hud once i remake it... altho the only steps you really needed to post were 5 and 6 lol
Can't wait to see Angel Falls. Everyone sign up for their stupid Gold membership lol
DAN329
MODDING FUCKING OWNS!!!

Postby DR.EVIL~TAG » 01-15-2007 04:45 PM

Yeah I know for the people that have experiance with the files and modding the game 5-6 is good , But for someone starting completly new to the modding community they would need the rest.
For your gaming textures and downloads. Now hosting over 5000 game textures and more uploaded every night. Click the sig.
DR.EVIL~TAG
Mod Depot Staff

Postby PACK-RAT » 02-07-2007 01:25 PM

hey DR. EVIL, i just wanted to let ya know, that Twist of Fate found out about the dammage bar originally. i am attaching a pic of my Hud as i have edited it... this is all done within the hudpos.def for everyong else wondering
PACK-RAT

Postby DR.EVIL~TAG » 02-08-2007 12:25 PM

Yes Bro I know as I have mentioned in the post.

Sources from Twist of Fate REFERENCE THIS POST & BHD file hudpos.def

No tut was ever written up there fore this was written.
DR.EVIL~TAG
Mod Depot Staff

Postby twist-of-fate » 02-09-2007 09:11 PM

lol dont worry pack rat were all brothers here. No knives in backs here. anyway welcome aboard and jump on in the forums and start learning. see ya on msn

twist
.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
[url]WAR-PLANET.COM[/url]
(¸.•´ (¸.*´ ¸.•´
`•-*¤
twist-of-fate
WAR-PLANET.COM

Postby PACK-RAT » 02-13-2007 07:28 PM

ok, sorry, :P i didn't read it all, but i ended up moving my text back down, bcuz i didnt liek it up top, and i moved dammage bar up
PACK-RAT

Return to Tutorials