Whats the score, whats next?

Post your ideas here..

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Whats the score, whats next?

Postby SonicDeath » 05-24-2006 11:44 AM

Well, Insurgency is gearing down and getting close to completion.
I have agreed to help Razor with the Vietnam Concept but looking for a another challenge. I was going through all the models I have and realized I have just about every gun that would make since in a Nova game. I think a new project should be something new. With new everything. I think the problems modders seem to have is they pick concepts that just are not realistic in terms of actually working in a nova game. For instance, Star Wars. Good Idea. Ain't gonna work lol. So I guess what I'm asking is : whats the score, whats next? - Fear an loathing

<center>Death. The final high.<br>

</center>
SonicDeath

Postby Turtle-ZED » 05-24-2006 12:26 PM

Something else futuristic then...a post-apocalyptic game... mutants, zombies, robots, armed militia or police clean-up crews, plasma guns (remember the weapons in Terminator ...) you get the idea...

SoftImage|XSI 4.2 Advanced
3DS MAX 5 & 7 Academic
Milkshape 1.7.10, Blender 2.42
Ultimate Unwrap 2.28
Paintshop Pro X, XBOX 360
Turtle-ZED
Daydreamer

Postby SonicDeath » 05-24-2006 12:35 PM

Turtle-ZED wrote:Something else futuristic then...a post-apocalyptic game... mutants, zombies, robots, armed militia or police clean-up crews, plasma guns (remember the weapons in Terminator ...) you get the idea...

Yeah, sounds good but the reality of it is it will never happen.
Just way over most of the people I know head. Certainly over mine. I thinking in realistic terms.

</center>
SonicDeath

Postby Turtle-ZED » 05-24-2006 12:43 PM

Not really- there's a zombie CS:Source Mod that just has skins that look decayed and blood and gore on. Some beat up skins for existing buildings, lotsa husks of vehicles etc. A new APC model would suffice for a police/militia vehicle. Change weapon sounds and colour of weapon fire .tgas and enlarge the tracers and yr 90% there.

;)

SoftImage|XSI 4.2 Advanced
3DS MAX 5 & 7 Academic
Milkshape 1.7.10, Blender 2.42
Ultimate Unwrap 2.28
Paintshop Pro X, XBOX 360
Turtle-ZED
Daydreamer

Postby SonicDeath » 05-24-2006 01:35 PM

Turtle-ZED wrote:Not really- there's a zombie CS:Source Mod that just has skins that look decayed and blood and gore on. Some beat up skins for existing buildings, lotsa husks of vehicles etc. A new APC model would suffice for a police/militia vehicle. Change weapon sounds and colour of weapon fire .tgas and enlarge the tracers and yr 90% there.

;)

Lol, theres a little bit more to it than that. Also modding source compaired to Nova games are like comparing apples to oranges.
I'm looking for a more realistic idea. I'm thinking of doing a mod from scratch for BHD based on a specific event such as Blackhawk down. Basicly a new game on the BHD engine. Have all the weapons I'll ever need and terrains are totally covered ever since I released the Terrain tutorial many seem to have picked it up.
Nova seems to have latched onto Operation Gamit. Hummm, let me think about this for a bit.

</center>
SonicDeath

Postby Black Ice » 05-24-2006 02:45 PM

Well, if you have any shred of ideas left for this would-be zombie/futuristic mod then take a look at the one Novalogic was making. They had one in production on the LW engine and it never saw the light of day after an E3 appearance.

Might give you some second thoughts or ideas. It's not the same engine and it doesn't even have similar pros and cons, but LW was a gritty military shooter. BHD is a gritty military shooter. A zombie game was clearly a possibility to Novalogic with the LW game. It's a possibility for a mod with the BHD game.

Just don't rule anything else. Creativity should be the last problem on your mind. :)

I'd be glad to give you ideas for storylines, settings, gameplay additions, etc. if you'd like.
Black Ice
loa fan!

Postby SonicDeath » 05-24-2006 03:27 PM

Black Ice wrote:Well, if you have any shred of ideas left for this would-be zombie/futuristic mod then take a look at the one Novalogic was making. They had one in production on the LW engine and it never saw the light of day after an E3 appearance.

Might give you some second thoughts or ideas. It's not the same engine and it doesn't even have similar pros and cons, but LW was a gritty military shooter. BHD is a gritty military shooter. A zombie game was clearly a possibility to Novalogic with the LW game. It's a possibility for a mod with the BHD game.

Just don't rule anything else. Creativity should be the last problem on your mind. :)

I'd be glad to give you ideas for storylines, settings, gameplay additions, etc. if you'd like.

Yeah and Nova scrapped it. Reason: people that play Nova games want realism! If I am gonna play with Zombies and crap than I'll go play HL2 or Unreal or Doom which have better engines than BHD. No, I'm looking to do a full mod as if Nova redid Blackhawk Down based on another real life event. Thats the draw that Nova fans expect. I'm gonna be looking for people that understand and are willing to enbrace this concept so if anyone agrees and want to start hashing out the details , let me know.

</center>
SonicDeath

Yeah

Postby Brodie » 05-24-2006 04:37 PM

I myself was thinking of doing a whole damn Expansion pack myself sometime.

Maybe an expansion with more characters, weapons, buildings, and vehicles.... everything you would expect in an expansion.

Or i was also thinking of going back and maxing out the BHD engine by redoing BHD with more realistic models, and Textures and making it a more realistic experience.

Those are my ideas for the future
Brodie, The One... The Only.
-----------------------------------

Brodie

Postby Mozgan » 05-25-2006 05:32 AM

Lads, i`ve got exacly what u need. I already have a complete game universe, with detailed history and enviroments.
BUT it requires ALL NEW.Models, terrains, sounds, characters...

I have two paiters with me who could take the desing part.I will make a story and videos...

What will you say?
Mozgan

Postby Trigger » 05-25-2006 06:24 AM

Mozgan wrote:Lads, i`ve got exacly what u need. I already have a complete game universe, with detailed history and enviroments.

I have two paiters with me who could take the desing part.I will make a story and videos...

What will you say?

What engine you talking about bud ? we also have someone here with lots of time and investment dug into the torque game engine.
Trigger
video production

Postby SonicDeath » 05-25-2006 06:35 AM

Mozgan wrote:Lads, i`ve got exacly what u need. I already have a complete game universe, with detailed history and enviroments.

What will you say?

As trigger said... what engine are you talking about?

</center>
SonicDeath

Postby Mozgan » 05-25-2006 09:52 AM

BHD, or JO if u will make it with savegame option.
Mozgan

Postby SonicDeath » 05-25-2006 10:27 AM

Mozgan wrote:BHD, or JO if u will make it with savegame option.

Huh....? Complete game universe? Either you lost me or we lost you.

</center>
SonicDeath

Postby Trigger » 05-25-2006 12:09 PM

he is Russian give him a chance.
Trigger
video production

Postby Black Ice » 05-25-2006 02:38 PM

brodie: redoing BHD isn't that good of an idea to me. most people want gameplay over graphics.. i've seen a few polls for this. plus, you're only one person. novalogic is a professional company and they would have trouble doing what you said on a schedule of 1 year. please don't take this the wrong way, i just didnt want you to spend so many hours on a project and release it only to see that people dont take to it because of gameplay.

however werk71, a forum user here, is working on a BHD realism project - friendly for all servers. maybe he can use your help?

SonicDeath: what historical events are you looking at?
Black Ice
loa fan!

Next

Return to Got a Mod in Mind...