Vietnam

Post your ideas here..

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Vietnam

Postby SonicDeath » 03-05-2006 08:57 AM

Thinking of doing a Vietnam mod on the side for BHD. Got alot of the terrains already built and one gun built. Anybody interested in this concept?

<center>Death. The final high.<br>

</center>
SonicDeath

Postby coolduderyan07 » 03-05-2006 09:31 AM

Sounds good... Would love to have tons of foilage.. and a huey flying over and doing raids would be sick... I think that it would be nice if it actually got finished once it got up and running.. I think before You get too into it ,I would start making a little website and forum for members to talk.. (unless u had that set up already) I would be glad to throw in some foilage or guns that you need.. Just ask...
coolduderyan07

Well

Postby SonicDeath » 03-05-2006 10:41 AM

I'm just thinking about it. Still working on Insurgency but while working on it I reliezed I had much of the makings for a vietnam mod. So its a side project of Insurgency so to speak. I pretty much always finish what I start so that never a problem. Now I'm not trying to sound like an ass when I say this but I'm looking for a team members that can finish a model, terrain, etc.... If you can't texture a model and get it in game its not finished and not really what I'm looking for. If you can't make a colormap that looks realistic than you are not a terrain maker. I see alot of max renders from people but rarly a in game pic. I'm looking for people that can complete a terrain, model or whatever from start to finish.

</center>
SonicDeath

Postby Black Ice » 03-05-2006 12:36 PM

Vietnam mod sounds cool. You could re-use a few already existing weapons in BHD but make them feel new again by re-postitioning them and giving them new skins (ex the M60, A-15, M16, Colt .45, etc.)

I'd just make sure to go all the way with either Insurgency or the Vietnam mod. I have seen a lot of awesome mods start up as side projects and end at 75% completion, Deathwish knows a guy I'm talking about. :rolleyes:
Black Ice
loa fan!

Postby SonicDeath » 03-05-2006 12:45 PM

Black Ice wrote:Vietnam mod sounds cool. You could re-use a few already existing weapons in BHD but make them feel new again by re-postitioning them and giving them new skins (ex the M60, A-15, M16, Colt .45, etc.)

I'd just make sure to go all the way with either Insurgency or the Vietnam mod. I have seen a lot of awesome mods start up as side projects and end at 75% completion, Deathwish knows a guy I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

I always finish what I start in most cases unless it just becomes unfun. Thats why I do it. Its all about fun. I won't use any BHD weapons. I will make all new ones. Oh, and what the hell is a A-15 lol? If you mean AR-15.....that wasn't in Vietnam is not a military weapon.

Weapon Examples would be

Vietnam era M-16
M-14
SKS-45
Ak-47
RPD
PKM

I'm gonna do some research on SOG teams and see what they used the most.

</center>
SonicDeath

Postby Turtle-ZED » 03-05-2006 01:58 PM

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as50-e.htm

So...you could use the CAR-15 (minus the Aimpoint tho...)

and the M60 (the pig) should be in there too.

Here's a bigger list of Vietnam era stuff...

http://www.173rdairborne.com/weapons.htm

SoftImage|XSI 4.2 Advanced
3DS MAX 5 & 7 Academic
Milkshape 1.7.10, Blender 2.42
Ultimate Unwrap 2.28
Paintshop Pro X, XBOX 360
Turtle-ZED
Daydreamer

Postby coolduderyan07 » 03-05-2006 07:10 PM

You are exactly right.. I am one of those guys that just makes something that I have on my mind... render it show it... shove it to the side... tonight Im gunna put my butt in gear and try to make a rifle.. and actually get everything in order for it... I seriosuly think you should have 2 sections tho.. modelers and skinners to work together because.. I can produce some fair models but yet I can't skin for crap... so unless Im the only one here with this conflict... I seriously suggest you have 2 people work on 1 gun.. possibly three coding,skinnig,moddeling because not many of us can produce one complete gun (coded, modeled and textured) besides a select few of us...
coolduderyan07

Postby Steve-S » 03-06-2006 04:59 PM

A Browning .50 with an Unertal scope on it would be nice also. Single shot only of course. :D

Steve-S
Steve-S
Creating incomplete parts of 3d worlds since March 2004 :p
MilkShape 1.7.2 - 1.7.7
PSP 7.0
Steve-S
Sniper Pus.. er Kitty :D

Postby Black Ice » 03-06-2006 06:32 PM

SonicDeath wrote:I always finish what I start in most cases unless it just becomes unfun. Thats why I do it. Its all about fun. I won't use any BHD weapons. I will make all new ones. Oh, and what the hell is a A-15 lol? If you mean AR-15.....that wasn't in Vietnam is not a military weapon.

Yeah my bad. I always mix it up with AR-15 and I forget it's only a semi-auto weapon. :D

Comment on perseverance was not aimed at you in any way bro. ;)

Turtle-ZED wrote:http://world.guns.ru/assault/as50-e.htm

So...you could use the CAR-15 (minus the Aimpoint tho...)

and the M60 (the pig) should be in there too.

Here's a bigger list of Vietnam era stuff...

http://www.173rdairborne.com/weapons.htm

Oh man I've seen those pics before on a forum! Always wondered where they were from.
Black Ice
loa fan!

Postby syndromeofadown » 03-28-2006 07:36 PM

Has anyone checked out the game Tropical Storm?

It is a free ware game that has ok graphics, but its an excellent learning tool, it was made with other freeware programs. The game is ok, but after some modding and tweaking, its a decent game, i don't know how to make it multiplayer, but if anyone knows it would be awesome.

http://www.gamehippo.com/download1/download1_1209.shtml

you can edit the text files easily and make significant changes, if anyone knows how to import things into the game let me know.

but nice job with the mods, I currently lack the capability and knowledge to mess with BHD yet, but if anyone has 3d studio max in a zip file, i can get all the necessary programs to make it operate.

syndromeofadown

Postby =BT=Bloodhawk1 » 03-19-2007 08:53 PM

Black Ice wrote:Vietnam mod sounds cool. You could re-use a few already existing weapons in BHD but make them feel new again by re-postitioning them and giving them new skins (ex the M60, A-15, M16, Colt .45, etc.)

Guess didnt finish ..
=BT=Bloodhawk1

Return to Got a Mod in Mind...