Need Help Animating and setting up Charactor

Discuss Player and AI Modelling Here

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

Postby TheDeadGunner » 04-19-2005 04:17 PM

loa wrote:get the hint, simply put no one has figured out how to import bones that bend a mesh all of us here have beat our heads on the desk for months trying to figure this out and still nothing except the nameing of each limb 01 02 03 and so on by the time its done it looks like a rickity drunk on a unicycle , when the info does become available we will be happy to throw it to the wolves, or you can go straight to the source and ask novanologic your self

Accually as Syndrome has already said, they have a plugin for .3di files that exports it directly with the "skin" modifier, so going to the source doesn't help much either. Basicly the best thing we can do, is get the plugin, or have someone code one for us.
"The only reason people get lost in thought, is because it's unfamiliar territory"
TheDeadGunner
XM312Gunner

Well can sombody tell me any Alternative way to do it?

Postby Brodie » 04-19-2005 05:32 PM

I just want to know a way to do it as long as the charactor can move having leg movements and maybe actually look like a person instead of a crash test dumby.

Like the Deep Jungle mod they made the charactors move but they still could use some work... i just want to know how to do it like that.
Brodie

Postby -SyNDrOMe » 04-19-2005 05:50 PM

cut your model into pieces and name each piece according to its bone parent listed in the bad file. then make centerpoints that are named accordingly to a bone number and put that at the beginning of each limb. then make attachment points that are named accordingly to a bone number and put that at the end of each limb. there ya have it. (yes this means you will have several different spots where u have an attachment point and center point intersecting each other. this is where each limb is connected to one another)
-SyNDrOMe
EXP STAFF MEMBER

Thanks

Postby Brodie » 04-19-2005 07:09 PM

I will try it out right now.
Brodie

Previous

Return to Character