new animation

Discuss Player and AI Modelling Here

Moderators: Q-dad~TAG, EXP STAFF, Moderator

new animation

Postby coolduderyan07 » 01-26-2006 04:58 AM

Ive got a problem,
I make an object in 3ds ... export it over to the OED... then I go into part animations.. and I make (w/e the object is) move.... how can I name that animation.. so it will recognize it in the game?? basically... how does part animation work.. and how do u make it register in items.def etc...

lets say I took a cow... and i made it turn its head as an animation in the OED.. how could I put that in the game? Is there special things I have to name for it to work ... ?
coolduderyan07

Postby coolduderyan07 » 01-29-2006 07:01 PM

alright nvm.. guess not.. 2 similar questions

1. I have a rifle... And i want a new reload anmiation.. would there be any way to make it soo the rifle bends below the screen... then comes back up... just as a simple animation for realoading??

2. If I took an object like a vehicle.. and i made its wheels turn.. in OED I would use a control register.. then what kind of info would have to be put in the .def file to activate when the vehcile starts..
???

3. Last question... there are multiple animations in BHD and they are all named.. like Death1_anim, Wave2_anim, etc... But where in the OED would you name your animation..?
coolduderyan07

Return to Character